It’s going to be a big week for Warframe PS4 and Xbox One fans, with the launch of a new big expansion set for tomorrow.
Warframe: Plains of Eidolon will be released on November 14, bringing with it all the new content currently available on PC.
It’s reported that the Warframe PS4 and Xbox One update launch times have been set for around 3pm UK time, however, more information could be released later today.
The size of the downloads are expected to be sizable, around 4-5GB on both PS4 and Xbox One.
As mentioned above, it’s already been well received on the Steam platform, where the increased concurrent player count has helped put it back in the top five games list.
In Plains of Eidolon, players will discover a brand new experience that doesn’t rely on the old procedurally generated tileset formula used in the rest of the game.
Players will instead get to explore an open-world area, with an ongoing day/night cycle.
During the day, Tenno (players’ in-game name) will have the freedom to seek missions from vendors in the makeshift colony of Cetus, including as many as 50 other players with which to socialize.
Outside town, solo or in squads of up to four, players can freely explore the Plains, with its secret caves and mini-games.
This includes things like spearfishing and mining to gather resources, or engage players in heroic land and air battles — using the reworked Sky Archwing.
One big change is that all daytime activities are available to everyone, while everything changes as night falls.
Enemies scatter and hide as the Plains are haunted by towering Sentients – known as the Teralyst Eidolon – who ascend from the waters and threatens all living things in its path.
Here’s more from Digital Extremes on the various changes coming to the game with the new Warframe update.
Plains of Eidolon:
- Partake in Incursions, random events that occur in the Plains.
- Join the Teralyst hunt at night.
- Travel through the Plains using Sky Archwing.
- Spear fish to catch a variety of fish species.
- Mine for ore and rare gems.
The Ostrons and the town of Cetus:
- Visit Konzu to get Bounties that increase your standing with Cetus and earn you rewards.
- Craft your own Weapons at Hok’s Anvil in Cetus.
- Meet The Quills and learn more about the Tenno way from this mysterious group.
New Quest: Saya’s Vigil!
New Warframe: Gara, Manipulator of Glass! Similarly to the PC release, console players who purchase Gara, either alone or in her bundle, will receive a veiled Riven Mod to pump up their Arsenal upon completing the quest for the first time.
- Astilla – Shoots slugs that explode on impact, dispersing lethal glass shards in all directions.
- Volnus – This lightweight, glass hammer can tear through the toughest of foes.
- Fusilai – This stealthy secondary pierces through flesh and armor taking down enemies unheard.
- Argonak – A Grineer rifle that highlights enemies in red while actively zoomed in. This makes enemies easier to spot and attack, especially at long distances or at night.
- Krohkur – With its curved, sickle-like shape, the Krohkur is a deadly and highly versatile weapon allowing the wielder to hook and slash their enemies.
Mod sets: Each set focuses on 1 of following 3 styles of combat: ability casting (Augur), gunning (Vigilante), and melee (Gladiator). Stats for these Mods increase on Rank and have an added stat bonus if equipped with Mods from the same set.
- Focus 2.0 – This new System changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused and allows you to equip your Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor.
- Mag Pneuma (Deluxe Skin) Collection: Harness the magnetic force around you with the new Mag Pneuma Collection. Includes the lavish Mag Pneuma Skin, Maruta Tonfa Skin, and the Vasa Syandana.
- Saya’s Vigil – Complete the Saya’s Vigil Warframe Quest
- From on High – Kill 100 grounded enemies while in Archwing Mode
- Forged In Fire – Craft your first Ostron weapon
- By the Dawn’s Early Light – Survive a night on the Eidolon Plains
- Tomb Looter – Explore all Eidolon Caves
- Sleds of Sunshine – Slide 500 metres across the Plains of Eidolon
- The Great Eidolon Hunt – Defeat an Eidolon Teralyst
Published at Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:47:00 +0000